Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Bell, Bob" <Bo...@austintexas.gov> on 2018/07/17 16:37:39 UTC

7.4.0 Newbie Question about bin/post and parsing/extracting html document parts into solr dynamic field.

Hi,

New to solr, so forgive any missing info on my part.

1. I am trying figure out how to get an html document html element
parsed into a solr dynamic field.  Is it possible ?   So let's say I have some specific html tag or xml tags within the html
document, that I created a  Dynamic field for, how do I specify that kind of parsing/extraction ?    I can successfully
index the documents, and search finds the documents based on the indexing, but I would extract a specific set
of data from page, could be embedded xml tag, structured data, hidden fields, or specific html tag.   I am just not
sure how to accomplish this.    Thank you for any ideas !!

Thanks,
Bob
Austin Public Library