Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/15 23:05:17 UTC

Where to commit the soap monitor

Hi all,

Concerning jira:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-434?page=comments#action_12372506

I ported the soap monitor from 1.x to axis2 around .94.  Dims recommended
that I commit it, and I now have it working with the latest svn. I have
_not_ committed anything yet because I am in doubt in one area.

The idea is to create a soapmonitor.mar, and leave the user to engage the
module and add the phases to axis2.xml . I have made the necessary maven
changes into my local copy of the repo to accomplish that.

My doubt pertains to the servlet that is part of the soap monitor, listening
on port 5001 and sending messages to the applet. Since its a servlet, it
can't be part of the .mar - the servlet classes must be under WEB-INF/lib or
WEB-INF/classes - or above etc. Then there's the applet  classes themselves
- in the end they would go under axis2/soapApplet*.class/WEB-INF .

What I have is this:

modules/soapmonitor
modules/soapmonitor/src
modules/soapmonitor/src/META-INF
modules/soapmonitor/src/META-INF/module.xml
modules/soapmonitor/src/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
modules/soapmonitor/src/org
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/handlers
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/handlers/soapmonitor
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/handlers/soapmonitor/SOAPMonitorHandler.java
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/handlers/soapmonitor/SOAPMonitorModule.java
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/soapmonitor
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/soapmonitor/applet
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/soapmonitor/applet/SOAPMonitorApplet.java
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/soapmonitor/servlet
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/soapmonitor/servlet/SOAPMonitorConstants.java
modules/soapmonitor/src/org/apache/axis2/soapmonitor/servlet/SOAPMonitorService.java

What I'd like to do is:

1) Create soapapplet.mar with the /org/apache/axis2/handlers/soapmonitor
classes.
2) Create axis2-soapmonitor-SNAPSHOT.jar that has the
org/apache/axis2/soapmonitor/servlet classes. Make it part of the std distro
that puts jars under WEB-INF/lib (two classes). Leave it up to the end user
to modify web.xml .
3) Move the applet classes to axis2/soapApplet*.class/WEB-INF.

Just a suggestion. Please advise.

Regards,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

Re: Where to commit the soap monitor

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Robert,

+1 to your approach. Let's get it in and then tweak if needed.

thanks,
dims