Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/04/14 17:33:42 UTC

plugin.jar

Per the Incubator PMC's request, we have removed plugin.jar from source control and are no longer including it in our distribution artifacts. You will now need to manually ensure that this library is available on your classpath. See the following for more information.

Windows and Linux:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u10/plugin2/liveconnect/

Mac OSX:
http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2004/qa1364.html

Re: plugin.jar

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
> Why not instrument the Ant script to check on this, and to emit instructions
> if/as necessary?  As I said, we had to do the same for JavaMail and JAF at
> one point with JAMES.

That's a good suggestion - I can make this change.

RE: plugin.jar

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
>> Per the Incubator PMC's request, we have removed plugin.jar
>
>Please keep in mind that I am one who keenly likes being able to use
>LiveConnect with Pivot.  But unless we can document the redistribution
>right, which I do urge you to investigate, we can't distribute Sun's code.

Understood - I should have elaborated a bit more on the reason for this change.

RE: plugin.jar

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Greg,

> Per the Incubator PMC's request, we have removed plugin.jar

Please keep in mind that I am one who keenly likes being able to use
LiveConnect with Pivot.  But unless we can document the redistribution
right, which I do urge you to investigate, we can't distribute Sun's code.

> You will now need to manually ensure that this library is available on
your
> classpath.

Why not instrument the Ant script to check on this, and to emit instructions
if/as necessary?  As I said, we had to do the same for JavaMail and JAF at
one point with JAMES.

	--- Noel