Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/04/27 09:47:03 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] GTop 0.13

For those wondering what GTop has to do with modperl, it's needed for
Apache::VMonitor and we also use it the mod_perl core maintenance to trace
memory leaks and just bad memory bloats. We wish we had a different lib to
interface but there is nothing better known to us at the moment. So please
bear with us.

A new version of libgtop was released, which (2.0.5+) no longer worked with
GTop-0.12, so thanks to Radoslaw Zielinski this new release candidate may work
for you. Please test this version:

   http://apache.org/~stas/GTop-0.13.tar.gz

Especially if you have libgtop < 2.6.0. since that's the only version GTop
0.13 was tested with so far. Thanks.

[BTW, I saw that libgtop 2.8.0 is out, but I didn't try it...]

Changes since 0.12:

0.13 - Mon Apr 26 23:28:44 PDT 2004

- Makefile.PL cleanups by Radoslaw Zielinski <ra...@karnet.pl>.

- adjust the build/source to support glibtop 2.5+. Thanks to Radoslaw
   Zielinski <ra...@karnet.pl> for the help and patches.

- include the t/threads.t in the distro