Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> on 2005/08/11 09:12:05 UTC

error while manual starting of registry

Hello,

I try to start the registry indirectly by an Ant task. I get
org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to add method java.lang.Object writeReplace() to class $Runnable_105a45989b8: [source error] no such class: org.apache.hivemind.internal.ser.ServiceSerializationHelper

When I start the same registry using a test Java application it starts without problem.
The class resolver used to load the registry successfully loads the class org.apache.hivemind.internal.ser.ServiceSerializationHelper. (I tested this after creating the classresolver.)

I have problem only when starting with Ant but I couldn't figure out what the difference is between the two. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Norbi

Re: error while manual starting of registry

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
I'm sorry :) The latest JDK 5.

I start the registry using

        RegistryBuilder builder = new RegistryBuilder();
        builder.addModuleDescriptorProvider(new XmlModuleDescriptorProvider(
                classResolver));

        if (userHivemindModule != null)
        {
            builder
                    .addModuleDescriptorProvider(new XmlModuleDescriptorProvider(
                            classResolver, new FileResource(userHivemindModule
                                    .getAbsolutePath())));
        }

        Registry registry = builder.constructRegistry(Locale.getDefault());

I think there is nothing "unusual" is the code...

It works as expected if I run the code as an application, the error raises only when it is started from an ant task.

BR,
Norbi

From: Norbert <ma...@erinors.com>  Sándor

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.