Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neo <ne...@somd.net> on 2002/08/09 20:07:23 UTC

java.endorsed.dirs

How can I configure my custom instance of the Tomcat service to append my
endorsed.dir?  I tried adding the flag (-Djava.endorsed.dirs='') to my
tomcat service installation script but the value is ignored by tomcat once
it starts up.

I stumbled across a couple web pages that lead me to believe it is not
possible to accomplish this given the current Tomcat classloader
implementation.  If that is indeed the case...has this issue been address
and what version of Tomcat can I find it in?

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4 on Win32.

Thanks in advance,
Neo

Re: java.endorsed.dirs

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Neo,

Well, you can upgrade to Tomcat-4.1.x where they now include a
$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed directory.  Or, you can use java's
standard endorsed dir: $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed

Not sure how to add your own endorsed directories, though.  Maybe
Tomcat-4.1.x will understand the -Dendorsed.dirs flag since it now
provides the common/endorsed directory where Tomcat-4.0.x didn't.

Jake

N> How can I configure my custom instance of the Tomcat service to append my
N> endorsed.dir?  I tried adding the flag (-Djava.endorsed.dirs='') to my
N> tomcat service installation script but the value is ignored by tomcat once
N> it starts up.

N> I stumbled across a couple web pages that lead me to believe it is not
N> possible to accomplish this given the current Tomcat classloader
N> implementation.  If that is indeed the case...has this issue been address
N> and what version of Tomcat can I find it in?

N> I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4 on Win32.

N> Thanks in advance,
N> Neo

N> --