Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com> on 2013/06/26 11:41:05 UTC

Inter-Widget communication

Hello,

I'm trying to do some inter-widget communication. I've just take a look to:

http://davidsherlockomelette.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/inter-widget-communication-in-rave.html
and here
     http://www.slideshare.net/DavidSherlock/flashtalk-david

That's what I want.

And I'm doing exactly the same but with Dojo topic:

     http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.9/dojo/topic.html

I understand that it's the same feature of different frameworks.

For this to work it's known that the framework must be implemented as a
feature. Something I will do for dojo in wookie.

I think that it must be like this because a feature is loaded once for
all widgets on the portal. Instead of loading different
instances of the framework for each widget what will not work because
isolated.

What I don't understand is how Rave manages Wookie features? Because I
think that a feature that is declared must be inserted on top of the
general Rave header instead of the IFrame of the widget. Is this right
or not?

Is there any good reference for doing this on Rave?

If I have to do this with OpenAjax I will do of course.

Thank you in advance.