Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kruse, Matt" <MK...@aquent.com> on 2003/04/17 03:55:46 UTC

Struts 1.1 w/ JRun 3.1? (javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Pars ing error processing resource path )

Is anything special required to get Struts 1.1 to run under JRun 3.1?

In my development environment (Eclipse 2.1 + JRun 4) everything works fine.
When I put my test app on to a production server running JRun 3.1, I get
this error at startup:

04/16 21:47:03 info (JRun) action: init
04/16 21:47:03 error (JRun) Could not pre-load servlet: action
[javax.servlet.Un availableException: Parsing error processing resource path
]
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path
 at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModuleConfig(ActionServlet.java:9
52)
 at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:468)
 at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
 at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.loadServletInstance(JRunServletLoader
.java:203)
 at allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunServletLoader.load

I have not checked into this in detail yet (left for the day and thought I'd
post here, hoping I could find a solution over night!). I've traced through
in debug mode locally and it looks like the error is happening when
struts-config.xml is trying to be loaded? What would cause it to lose the
config file location?

I've googled for this error, and the only references I found were from
people seeing JRun had problems in JSP with true/false values. Nothing about
errors on startup.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Matt Kruse

Re: Struts 1.1 w/ JRun 3.1? (javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource path )

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
search this

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/

There are workaround solutions posted sometime ago.

-D