Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Rocska Ádám <ro...@icloud.com> on 2018/05/16 22:20:40 UTC

[log4php]

Hi Everyone!

I have just recently joined, and I plan to do my first contributions on log4php.
For my next iteration I would like to focus on the following :
I'd like to have a full namespace coverage throughout the repo.
I'd like to do a small test namespace refactor, to open the opportunity for separation of tests into unit, component, integration, and system level tests
I'd like to increase unit test coverage in the library
I'd like to introduce docbook, or any other oldie but goodie manual generator to the repo
If these suggestions are fine for the v3 branch, please let me know, and I’ll start working on them.

I plan to perform the changes via a github fork, and pull request submission against the v3 branch.

Any help in terms of rules, guidelines, any apache specific whatsoever will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute,
Adam

Re: [log4php]

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, May 17, 2018, at 00:20, Rocska Ádám wrote:
> I have just recently joined, and I plan to do my first contributions on
> log4php.

Welcome!

> For my next iteration I would like to focus on the following :
> I'd like to have a full namespace coverage throughout the repo.

+1
We have a branch for that already, please check if you can find it. There is some work done already

> I'd like to do a small test namespace refactor, to open the opportunity
> for separation of tests into unit, component, integration, and system
> level tests

I don't understand this, can you explain?

> I'd like to increase unit test coverage in the library

always +1

> I'd like to introduce docbook, or any other oldie but goodie manual
> generator to the repo

I hope Ivan joins in here as well. I am OK with docbook but I would like to explore other opportunities too. In example Ivan had brought up sphinx doc at some point. Personally I do like Jekyll. So let us discuss this.

> If these suggestions are fine for the v3 branch, please let me know, and
> I’ll start working on them.

If you can start with namespaces first I am sure nobody is opposed :)

> I plan to perform the changes via a github fork, and pull request
> submission against the v3 branch.

Sounds awesome.

> Any help in terms of rules, guidelines, any apache specific whatsoever
> will be highly appreciated.

Start contributing, we will all be here to help you with formalites. Basically everybody "grows into" apache.
I have seen your contributor agreement is on file, I don't see any blockers for you.

Again, welcome and have fun!

Christian