Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Nikhil Dhamapurkar <ni...@celeritio.com> on 2017/09/06 13:01:09 UTC

integration of Apache ISIS and Ignite

Hi ,

I am trying to integrate  apache Ignite as the L2 Cache for apache ISIS. I have added Apache ignite JDBC connection to the persistor.properties in isis.

When I am trying to compile my web app I am getting ignite logger exception listed in stack trace [1]

I can see earlier mailing list archive saying this is a known issue where java logger is getting called and has asked user to  add ignite-log4j, even if I have added this in the class path I am still getting the error.

The connection from apache ISIS is failing to ignite which I am able to connection from SQL client, since the logger is not working I believe I can be missing important information and need to fix it before I can proceed with resolving connection Issue from ISIS to ignite (default cache)

Regards
Nikhil

[1]
5:53:35,153  [PersistenceSessionFactory main       INFO ]  did *not* find config properties to use JNDI datasource; will use JDBC
Can't load log handler "org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLoggerFileHandler"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLoggerFileHandler
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLoggerFileHandler
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
        at java.util.logging.LogManager$5.run(LogManager.java:965)
        at java.util.logging.LogManager.loadLoggerHandlers(LogManager.java:958)
        at java.util.logging.LogManager.initializeGlobalHandlers(LogManager.java:1578)
        at java.util.logging.LogManager.access$1500(LogManager.java:145)
        at java.util.logging.LogManager$RootLogger.accessCheckedHandlers(LogManager.java:1667)
        at java.util.logging.Logger.getHandlers(Logger.java:1777)
        at org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLogger.findHandler(JavaLogger.java:399)
        at org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLogger.configure(JavaLogger.java:229)
        at org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLogger.<init>(JavaLogger.java:170)
        at org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLogger.<init>(JavaLogger.java:126)
        at org.apache.ignite.IgniteJdbcDriver.<clinit>(IgniteJdbcDriver.java:369)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

RE: integration of Apache ISIS and Ignite

Posted by Nikhil Dhamapurkar <ni...@celeritio.com>.
Hi Mikhail,

I am still getting the problem still after the new dependencies have been added, here is a project on git : https://bitbucket.org/dhamapurkar/isisignitesample

When we try to compile the application with mvn clean install we get the error.

My intention is to connect to ignite and later configure Postgres as persistence DB, in the project I am currently just trying to connect with Ignite default / out of the box instance.

Regards
Nikhil

with new dependencies, you have the same exception, don't you? if so, could
you please share a pom based project that shows the problem?

Thanks,
Mikhail.

RE: integration of Apache ISIS and Ignite

Posted by Nikhil Dhamapurkar <ni...@celeritio.com>.
Hi Mikhail,

I have added the below artifacts but I am still getting the exception, is there any other jar that’s is needed to enable log4j or slf4j logging in Ignite?

<artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
<artifactId>ignite-slf4j</artifactId>
<artifactId>ignite-log4j</artifactId>
<artifactId>ignite-core</artifactId>

Regards
Nikhil

Looks like it's known issue, please try the solution from this thread:

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Can-t-load-log-handler-quot-org-apache-ignite-logger-java-JavaLoggerFileHandler-quot-td4490.html

Thanks,
Mikhail.

Re: integration of Apache ISIS and Ignite