Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Vaidya, Supriya A (US - Chicago)" <su...@deloitte.com> on 2007/06/21 01:07:01 UTC

URGENT: Unable to run test cases in SwingUI

Hi:

I have been running my test suites from within Eclipse IDE, and when I
run them as a JUnit test case, or a ServletTestCase, they work fine.
However, my company now wants me to be able to execute these test cases
from within a server, where Eclipse is not installed. I therefore am
trying to use the junit.swingui.TestRunner.main method.. however, I
constantly receive the: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/cactus/ServletTestCase. I have verified that cactus-1.7.2.jar
is in teh classpath (and I can see the class in the jar!!). I have
verified that junit-3.8.1.jar is also in the classpath.

What am I doing wrong?

Supriya A Vaidya
Technology Integration
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tel: +1 312 486 4835
Fax: +1 312 247 4835
Mobile: + 1 414 736 8157
www.deloitte.com <http://www.deloitte.com/>

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]

RE: URGENT: Unable to run test cases in SwingUI

Posted by "Vaidya, Supriya A (US - Chicago)" <su...@deloitte.com>.
Thanks Dheerendra! However, I am deploying my application in an exploded
format. I find that unless I extract all the classes of cactus-1.7.2.jar
into WEB-INF/classes, the application is not able to find it... What
does it mean if my application cannot find the jar during runtime (after
it, it compiles fine and is able to run this test on the server), but
can find the associated classes if I put them into WEB-INF/classes? I
tried putting the .jar directly into WEB-INF/classes, but that didn't
work either (I know - dumb idea! :) )

Supriya A Vaidya
Technology Integration
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Tel: +1 312 486 4835
Fax: +1 312 247 4835
Mobile: + 1 414 736 8157
www.deloitte.com

Your deployed jar must also contain Cactus.jar

regards
Dheerendra

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi,

I have some questions.

In article <A0...@uscnt0402.us.deloitte.com>,
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:26:38 -0500,
"Vaidya, Supriya A (US - Chicago)" <su...@deloitte.com> wrote:
supriyavaidya> I reverted to using the command prompt and abandoned Eclipse completely!
supriyavaidya> Now I am able to get beyond the NoClassDefFoundError - and am stuck with
supriyavaidya> the weblogic.jar and commons-logging problem!

Was this problem solved?

If not solved yet, what TestRunner are you using?
Are you using junit.swingui.TestRunner as in the subject?

supriyavaidya> "Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
supriyavaidya> org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
supriyavaidya> loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
supriyavaidya> 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed. (Caused
supriyavaidya> by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class
supriyavaidya> loader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
supriyavaidya> 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not allowed.)"
supriyavaidya>
supriyavaidya> I cannot remove weblogic.jar since I need it for some classes (like the
supriyavaidya> TPException class)... And I cannot remove the commons.jar since that
supriyavaidya> throws errors too... So how do I resolve this?!?

I'm not a WebLogic user, so please let me know.

Do you mean that both of weblogic.jar and commons.jar contain
org.apache.commons.logging.Log?

Best Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI

RE: URGENT: Unable to run test cases in SwingUI

Posted by Dheerendra Kulkarni <dh...@gmail.com>.