Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2010/01/29 00:26:23 UTC

Fascinating

An organization that should be at the forefront of fighting spam has
become, through its own astonishing ineptness, a major part of the
problem.

ACM sent an email out to a mailing list of lapsed members. It turns out
the list is mal-configured. ANYBODY can reply to the list and the email
goes out to everybody else.

I just signed the dolts off with a /dev/null in procmail. I'd block them
at the firewall if I wasn't using fetchmail rather than a real smtp server.

This rather shows the group is not properly representing software
engineers and professionals. That's why I let my membership lapse in the
first place. This rather proves it. The PEOPLE may be good. Those running
the show seem to have surprising lacunae in their abilities.

(Certain ninjas will be told the list sever name if they ask privately.
I don't want to make a bad situation worse for the poor victims of this
stupidity.)

{^_^}