Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michel Erard <mi...@corix.ch> on 2008/02/15 15:30:59 UTC

validation Errors on tabs

Hello,

I use a complex form with a lot of widgets. To make it a bit more user
friendly I've made different groups and styled them as tabs. The Problem
is, if the user is on tab 2, submits the form and there is an error on
tab 1, he doesn't recognize. Except he navigates himself to the tab. Is
it possible to make a widget that shows a summary of all errors on top
of the page, above the tabs? Or set the background of tabs' header to
red?

How do you solve this problem on your pages?

Regards,

Mike

Re: validation Errors on tabs

Posted by Dev at weitling <de...@weitling.net>.
Hi Michel,

just try
    <fi:validation-errors/>
in your CForms template. This lists all validation errors.

HTH,
Florian

Re: AW: validation Errors on tabs

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Michel Erard schrieb:
> Ah yes, thank you.
>
> But this does only work, when ajax is set to false for the form? Is that correct?

I think so, yes. See also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1570

Regards
Felix

Re: AW: validation Errors on tabs

Posted by Dev at weitling <de...@weitling.net>.
Michel Erard wrote:
> But this does only work, when ajax is set to false for the form? Is that correct?

I dunno, it's a year ago I used it. Just give it a try.
And report :-)

Bye,
Florian

AW: AW: validation Errors on tabs

Posted by Michel Erard <mi...@corix.ch>.
Thanks Felix for the hint. So as a first round trip, I use the variant with setting ajax to false for submit buttons.

Regards,

Mike

Re: AW: AW: validation Errors on tabs

Posted by Dev at weitling <de...@weitling.net>.
I have no way to try it here. But did you put the fi:validation-errors
into an html element with an id e.g. <div id="myValidErrors">
Just an idea.
Another way is more hand-crafted: Create a fd:message element and put
all validation-errors of the form into it (javascript event).

Hope I'm not too cryptic. Otherwise I need some time till I can try.

Posted by Michel Erard <mi...@corix.ch>.

Posted by Michel Erard <mi...@corix.ch>.
Ah yes, thank you.