Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> on 2023/03/03 14:48:57 UTC

Fwd: [allmem] Ask for Help: Software Ecosystem Status for RISC-V (March 2023)

Hello world :-)

There is a platform support update request on RISC-V tech mailinglists
(see forward below).. on the referenced site I can see that NuttX is
marked "IN PROGRESS".. but I know some chips can now run NuttX on RV
cores pretty well (I used ESP32-C3 myself and heard that Microchip
joined the NX family).. so maybe we could update current status to
"SUPPORTED" maybe even "FULLY SUPPORTED" ? Please let me know and I
can update that info :-)

Aapache Nuttx https://github.com/apache/nuttx IN PROGRESS

Best regards :-)
Tomek

Posted by Sebastien Lorquet <se...@lorquet.fr>.
Hi,

ESP32-C3 worked perfectly out-of-the-box for me so I guess it is "fully
supported"

Sebastien

Re: [allmem] Ask for Help: Software Ecosystem Status for RISC-V (March 2023)

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 5:23 PM Alan C. Assis <ac...@gmail.com> wrote:>
> Both are supported.

ACK :-) Update request to mark "FULLY SUPPORTED" has been sent :-)

Re: [allmem] Ask for Help: Software Ecosystem Status for RISC-V (March 2023)

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.
Both are supported.

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 5:18 PM Tomek CEDRO wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 5:10 PM Alan C. Assis wrote:
> > Hi Tomek,
> > Nice finding. Actually NuttX on RISC-V is already used on commercial
> > products from at least one big company, so I suggest it should be
> > Fully Supported.
>
> ACK! Is both riscv32 and riscv64 ISA supported or only one of them? :-)

It seems that both riscv32 and riscv64 are supported? :-)

rv32 search:
https://github.com/apache/nuttx/search?q=riscv32

rv64 search:
https://github.com/apache/nuttx/search?q=riscv64

Re: [allmem] Ask for Help: Software Ecosystem Status for RISC-V (March 2023)

Posted by Tomek CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.

Posted by "Alan C. Assis" <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomek,

Nice finding. Actually NuttX on RISC-V is already used on commercial
products from at least one big company, so I suggest it should be
Fully Supported.

BR,

Alan