Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2007/03/13 18:45:24 UTC

I received a great surprise from Continuum!

I just wanted to say thanks for an unexpected feature that Continuum
has.  At one client site we are building around 30 different projects
from CVS.  Over the weekend the DNS name of the CVS server was
changed as part of a corporate renaming process.   I expected to have
to go and update each projects CVS\Root file, as well as update the
CVS checkout information in Continuum.

I started by updating one project in Continuum, and then when I went
onto the filesystem I couldn't find the previously checked out
project!  It turned out that Continuum was smart enough to pick up
the changed SCM information, and to remove the currently checked out
code and replace it with the new code!

This is one of those features that I wouldn't have expected
Continuum, especially at the 1.0.3 version's level of maturity, to
support!

Eric Pugh

http://blog.opensourceconnections.com/2007/03/13/a-nice-surprise-
courtesy-of-continuum-easy-updating-of-repository-information/

Principal
OpenSource Connections
Site: http://www.opensourceconnections.com
Blog: http://blog.opensourceconnections.com