Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ferdy Galema <fe...@kalooga.com> on 2011/04/08 23:43:01 UTC

hbck lists a dead server, but it is only restarted

With HBase 0.90.1 (CDH3B4), whenever a regionserver is shutdown because
of an error, I'll restart it using start-hbase.sh. After that the node
is up and running again, but the hbck tool still lists a dead server.
(Though it does list the correct amount of live servers.) Is this a bug?

Ferdy

Re: hbck lists a dead server, but it is only restarted

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Well not really a bug since that was the original intention (see how
that server has a different start code, meaning it's a different
instance of that server).

This jira was created with the intention of making it more like
hadoop: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3580

J-D