Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Robbie Minshall <my...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/08 20:15:23 UTC

SDO Samples

Hi.

I made an update ( updated overview for javadoc ) for the SDO Samples.
There are still a few toDo's here that I am going to work on when I find
some time tomorrow ( namely a better xpath sample ) but things are getting
there.   Could a commiter ( or anyone else interested)  have a look at these
and provide me with some feedback on what they would like improved or
adjusted prior to commiting these.

I uploaded a zip of the project at :
http://wiki.apache.org/ws-data/attachments/Tuscany(2f)TuscanyJava/attachments/SDO%20Samples%202006%2008%2008<tu...@ws.apache.org>

thanks very much,
Robbie

--
* * * Charlie * * *
Check out some pics of little Charlie at

* * * Addresss * * *
1914 Overland Drive
Chapel Hill
NC 27517

* * * Number * * *
919-225-1553

Re: SDO Samples

Posted by Robbie Minshall <my...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback.  I made the changes that you suggested.

There are two topics worthy of further discussion.

1. ( previously brought up) Having an initial println in SDO samples that
would provide a link for users to see the source code if running from an IDE
such as Eclipse.
    + nice to provide this easy link w/o the need for break points
    - IDE specific, if runinng in command line env may be somewhat ugly
    - user can setup break points in order to follow the code

    - {my view} -->  convienance factor outweighs negatives.

2. Instructions for dependancies.  The javadoc for each of the samples
includes a list of jar files to be included on classpath in order to run the
samples.   The versioning of these jar files create a bit of a maintanence
nightmare.  Would like to provide an easy means for getting these
dependancies for intro level developers.

Currently I have changed one sample s.t it says :

*Usage:*
This sample can easily be run from within Eclipse as a Java Application if
tuscany or the sample-sdo project is imported into Eclipse as an existing
project.

If executing as a standalone application please do the following:

   - Include the following jar files on your classpath :
      - SDO API and Tuscany Implementation
         - sdo-api-{version}.jar - SDO API
         - tuscany-sdo-impl-{version}.jar - Tuscany SDO
         implementation
      - EMF dependencies.
         - emf-common-{version}.jar - some common framework utility
         and base classes
         - emf-ecore-{version}.jar - the EMF core runtime
         implementation classes (the Ecore metamodel)
         - emf-ecore-change-{version}.jar - the EMF change recorder
         and framework
         - emf-ecore-xmi-{version}.jar - EMF's default XML (and
         XMI) serializer and loader
         - xsd-{version}.jar - the XML Schema model
      These jar files can be obtained from directly from Tuscany and
   EMF projects or from SDO Execution Dependancies
   <http://wiki.apache.org/ws-data/attachments/Tuscany%282f%29TuscanyJava%282f%29SDO_Java_Overview/attachments/SDO%20Execution%20Dependencies>
   - Execute:
   java org.apache.tuscany.samples.sdo.ExecuteSamples

If people like this then I will make the change throughout the samples, if
people have a better suggestion then I can easily do that.

Thanks,
Robbie John.

Re: SDO Samples

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.