Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/08 16:25:41 UTC

Building with Java 11

Its very much a work in progress, but I have been trying to get our build
to run on Java 11, with the full set of tests. I'm doing this in a branch
which I have been keeping up to date with master as best as I can.

My code is here: https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/293, and broadly
speaking, adds these modules:

      <dependency>
        <groupId>javax.xml.bind</groupId>
        <artifactId>jaxb-api</artifactId>
        <version>2.3.0</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.glassfish.jaxb</groupId>
        <artifactId>jaxb-runtime</artifactId>
        <version>2.4.0-b180830.0438</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>com.sun.xml.ws</groupId>
        <artifactId>jaxws-rt</artifactId>
        <version>2.3.1</version>
        <type>pom</type>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>com.sun.xml.ws</groupId>
        <artifactId>rt</artifactId>
        <version>2.3.1</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>javax.activation</groupId>
        <artifactId>javax.activation-api</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.0</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>com.sun.activation</groupId>
        <artifactId>javax.activation</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.0</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.jacorb</groupId>
        <artifactId>jacorb</artifactId>
        <version>3.9</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.jboss.spec.javax.rmi</groupId>
        <artifactId>jboss-rmi-api_1.0_spec</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.6.Final</version>
      </dependency>

There are some regressions to look at, and there are some errors in the
output that need looking at, but one milestone I have reached is getting
almost all the arquillian tests (only 1 failure) in the build to pass.
Here's my current failures:
https://gist.github.com/jgallimore/6968379060a4d4b25f2b6c888a49bbb4

In terms of the build artifacts, the additional libraries included are:

FastInfoSet-1.2.15
gmbal-api-only-3,1,0-b001
ha-api-3.1.9
istack-commons-runtime-3.0.7
jacorb-3.9
jacorb-omgapi-3.9
javax.activation-1.2.0
javax.activation-api-1.2.0
javax.annotation-api-1.3.2
javax.jws-api-1.1
javax.xml.soap-api-1.4.0
jaxb-runtime-2.4.0-b180830.0438
jaxws-api
jboss-rmi-api_1.0_spec
management-api-3.0.0-b012
mimepull-1.9.10
policy-2.7.5
rt-2.3.1
saaj-impl-1.5.0
stax-ex-1.8
stax2-api-4.1 (as opposed to 3.1.4)
streambuffer-1.5.6
txw2-2.4.0-b180830.0438
woodstox-core-5.1.0 (as opposed to 5.0.3)
xmlschema-core-2.2.4 (as opposed to 2.2.3)

These are obviously being pulled in as transitive dependencies of
dependencies I mention above, and I'm sure some of them can be removed, but
I'll need to work through them to figure out what.

If folks would like to collaborate on this here, it would be most welcome.

Thanks

Jon

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Merged, thanks :)

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jon,

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yep, done. Thanks!

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
@Jon,

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net>.
Started a new thread for slowness... the warnings are out of memory.

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net>.
That makes sense, just didn't want to confuse the j11 branch test failures vs
what could be causing the slowness.

I'm seeing those same warnings now locally so I can try and dig deeper here.
:)

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
The build of the java11-experimentation branch (on Java 8) is running on a
box here in my office. "Normally" a build of master on that box takes ~ 2
to 2.5 hours. The failures I listed are for that build.

The build on the Apache CI is master. Recent builds on that node seem to be
the same length of time - a couple of hours.

Let's see where we are when these are done. Certainly seeing stuff like

WARNING: 2ef75bcd694868d71565ceb30277c45c162cb6.war was not deployed
Mar 01, 2019 8:20:05 PM org.jboss.cdi.tck.shrinkwrap.ArchiveBuilder build
INFO: Test archive built [info:
org.jboss.cdi.tck.tests.implementation.builtin.metadata.broken.typeparam.interceptor.InterceptedBeanTypeParamInitializerTest,
time: 38 ms]
Mar 01, 2019 8:20:05 PM org.apache.openejb.client.EventLogger log
INFO: RemoteInitialContextCreated{providerUri=
http://localhost:40707/tomee/ejb}
Mar 01, 2019 8:22:57 PM org.apache.openejb.client.EventLogger log
WARNING: RequestFailed{server=http://localhost:40707/tomee/ejb}
JNDI_LOOKUP:/openejb/DeployerBusinessRemote {error=Cannot open object input
stream to server (OEJP/4.6) : null}
Mar 01, 2019 8:22:57 PM
org.jboss.cdi.tck.impl.testng.ProgressLoggingTestListener beforeInvocation
INFO: Invoke InterceptedBeanTypeParamInitializerTest.testDeploymentFails:
864/1,571 Failed tests: 0 (348)
Mar 01, 2019 8:22:57 PM org.apache.openejb.arquillian.common.TomEEContainer
undeploy

Even if it isn't being presented as a test failure, makes me think
something isn't right.

This isn't happening on the master build on the CI.

Jon

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net>.
For PR 419 and 409 all the full tests pass too.

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net>.
I already updated all the JAXB related artifacts to 2.3.1 which comes with
CXF 3.3.0 too.  I already added all the transitive dependency exclusions.
Your extra ones could just be added on top of that.

The work is in PR 419 which was already reviewed and approved.  It would be
great to have that merged and save other people overlapping some of the same
work.  (Along with #409 for CXF 3.3.0 itself)

Do you see any issues with merging those?

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Jon,

could not we move your branch to apache/tomee repository?
What you guys think about it?

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
the last build Jonathan started is still running after 3hrs. 30 min:
https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu-jvm8/builds/1048

Can some committer please trigger a build for master branch to compare and
check James observation?

El vie., 1 mar. 2019 a las 14:39, j4fm (<ja...@my-managed.net>)
escribió:

> Thanks Jon, so it wasn't frozen (impatient me) - just mid-test but running
> like someone stole it's ponies.
>
> Once it finishes I will check the stats, but did you see slowness happen
> before... could it be busy infra?
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández Mendoza.

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
ok..

I'm still blocked with that:
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.apache.openejb.loader.BasicURLClassPath$4
(file:/tmp/temp7398740719212351046dir/root/lib/openejb-loader-8.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar)
to field java.net.URLClassLoader.ucp
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.apache.openejb.loader.BasicURLClassPath$4
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class
org.apache.openejb.loader.BasicURLClassPath cannot access class
jdk.internal.loader.URLClassPath (in module java.base) because module
java.base does not export jdk.internal.loader to unnamed module @15975490
at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.Reflection.newIllegalAccessException(Reflection.java:361)
at
java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkAccess(AccessibleObject.java:591)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:558)
at
org.apache.openejb.loader.BasicURLClassPath.addJarsToPath(BasicURLClassPath.java:110)
at
org.apache.openejb.loader.ContextClassPath.addJarsToPath(ContextClassPath.java:39)
at org.apache.openejb.server.Main.main(Main.java:126)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at org.apache.openejb.cli.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:149)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at org.apache.openejb.cli.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:189)
Apr 04, 2019 10:50:50 AM org.apache.openejb.itest.legacy.LegacyClientTest
test

I tried other way, but still getting issue with my VM crashing.
(asking for help)

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
My feedback:

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
Hi James,

Thanks! I'll try it.

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
Well, my changes is just to try test a different way/behavior about the
which Otávio saw during his itest build. Since it is caused on Basic
URLClassLoader, it would affect a lot of place in TomEE.

https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/container/openejb-loader/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/loader/SystemInstance.java#L118
https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/container/openejb-loader/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/loader/ClassPathFactory.java

I did stupid change, which for sure is not the fix for it, but just to try
see another behavior over it. (
https://github.com/danielsoro/tomee/tree/j11-tests)

Some additionals. For sure, seems that I broken the classloader in many
places:

WARNING - Failed to scan
[file:/home/soro/git/apache/tomee/tomee/tomee-embedded/target/woodstox-core-5.0.3.jar]
from classloader hierarchy
java.io.IOException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jre9Compat.jarFileNewInstance(Jre9Compat.java:212)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(JarFileUrlJar.java:65)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactory.java:49)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.java:374)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.processURLs(StandardJarScanner.java:309)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.doScanClassPath(StandardJarScanner.java:278)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(StandardJarScanner.java:229)
    at org.apache.tomee.loader.TomEEJarScanner.scan(TomEEJarScanner.java:69)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars(TldScanner.java:262)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scan(TldScanner.java:104)
    at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer.onStartup(JasperInitializer.java:83)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5098)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:743)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:719)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:703)
    at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.deployWar(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:657)
    at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.deployWebApps(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:595)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:1048)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:758)
    at org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container.deploy(Container.java:350)
    at
org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container.deployPathsAsWebapp(Container.java:230)
    at
org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container.deployPathsAsWebapp(Container.java:225)
    at
org.apache.tomee.embedded.Container.deployPathsAsWebapp(Container.java:218)
    at
org.apache.tomee.security.AbstractTomEESecurityTest.setUp(AbstractTomEESecurityTest.java:37)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
    at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:24)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:27)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:365)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeWithRerun(JUnit4Provider.java:273)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:238)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:159)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:379)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:340)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.execute(ForkedBooter.java:125)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:413)

I also see it happening a lot of time (not sure if caused by my changes,
but still investigating):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to initialize agent
    at
org.apache.openejb.javaagent.Agent.checkInitialization(Agent.java:104)
    at org.apache.openejb.javaagent.Agent.getInstrumentation(Agent.java:94)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler$PersistenceClassLoaderHandlerImpl.addTransformer(Assembler.java:3780)
    at
org.apache.openejb.persistence.PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.addTransformer(PersistenceUnitInfoImpl.java:337)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProviderImpl.java:170)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceProviderImpl.java:63)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EntityManagerFactoryCallable.call(EntityManagerFactoryCallable.java:112)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.createDelegate(ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.java:134)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.<init>(ReloadableEntityManagerFactory.java:105)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.PersistenceBuilder.createEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceBuilder.java:157)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:918)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.createApplication(Assembler.java:758)
    at
org.apache.openejb.OpenEjbContainer$Provider.createAppContext(OpenEjbContainer.java:434)
    at
org.apache.openejb.OpenEjbContainer$Provider.createEJBContainer(OpenEjbContainer.java:282)
    at
javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(EJBContainer.java:56)
    at org.superbiz.injection.jpa.MoviesTest.test(MoviesTest.java:42)
[...]
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325)
    at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:78)
    at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:57)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:252)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:141)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:112)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodWithArray(ReflectionUtils.java:189)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ProviderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:165)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.invokeProvider(ProviderFactory.java:85)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:115)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:75)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at org.apache.openejb.javaagent.Agent.dynamicLoadAgent(Agent.java:151)
    at
org.apache.openejb.javaagent.Agent.checkInitialization(Agent.java:102)
    ... 44 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Can not attach to current VM
    at
jdk.attach/sun.tools.attach.HotSpotVirtualMachine.<init>(HotSpotVirtualMachine.java:75)
    at
jdk.attach/sun.tools.attach.VirtualMachineImpl.<init>(VirtualMachineImpl.java:57)
    at
jdk.attach/sun.tools.attach.AttachProviderImpl.attachVirtualMachine(AttachProviderImpl.java:58)
    at
jdk.attach/com.sun.tools.attach.VirtualMachine.attach(VirtualMachine.java:207)
    ... 50 more
INFO - JAVA AGENT NOT INSTALLED. The JPA Persistence Provider requested
installation of a ClassFileTransformer which requires a JavaAgent.  See
http://tomee.apache.org/javaagent.html

For modules failure (like tck/cdi-tomee, tck/cdi-embedded,
arquillian/arquillian-tomee-tests/arquillian-tomee-jaxws-tests and etc):
# Created on 2019-03-06T11:51:33.507
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option PermSize; support was
removed in 8.0

# Created on 2019-03-06T11:51:33.507
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was
removed in 8.0

# Created on 2019-03-06T11:51:33.507
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseConcMarkSweepGC was deprecated
in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.

# Created on 2019-03-06T11:51:33.507
Unrecognized VM option 'CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled'

# Created on 2019-03-06T11:51:33.508
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.

# Created on 2019-03-06T11:51:33.508
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Which means that my VM just crashed during the build! Which could also
caused by my changes.

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Otávio and folks,

--
Daniel "soro" Cunha
https://twitter.com/dvlc_

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Daniel Cunha <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Otávio,

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.
That looks illegal access is forbidden at Java 11.
I'm working on it.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 11:54 AM Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.
Now, I got a new error:

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.
I got the idea, I'll work on it.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.
Hey JonG.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Nice,  thanks for looking at that!

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019, 18:16 Otávio Gonçalves de Santana, <

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.
Hey guys

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.

> I'll propose merging this to master and setting up a Java 11
> build to run alongside the Java 8. That should enable folks to look at test
> issues on master.

+1 , I'm also willing to help with test fixes related to Java 11.

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by j4fm <ja...@my-managed.net>.
The tests you copied out do not look like they failed on buildbot or locally.
There are no failures so far and it's quite far along.  It's appears to just
be slow.

--
Sent from: http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/TomEE-Dev-f982480.html

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
My Java 8 build is still running here. Its currently on the CDI TCK, and so
far 4 reported test failures:

[ERROR]
run(org.apache.openejb.resource.activemq.ProperConnectionShutdownTest)
Time elapsed: 3.295 s  <<< FAILURE!
org.superbiz.executor.ManagedScheduledServiceTest  Time elapsed: 3.872 sec
<<< ERROR!
org.superbiz.executor.ManagedServiceTest  Time elapsed: 0.482 sec  <<<
ERROR!
org.superbiz.executor.ThreadFactoryServiceTest  Time elapsed: 0.464 sec
<<< ERROR!

There's a number of failures in the CDI module, so I'm anticipating a
longer list at the end. I'm seeing at least 25 so far.

I'll post my results.

Jon

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 4:25 PM Jonathan Gallimore <

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I've cleaned up this branch so the dependencies should now be correct (and
minimal). I'm currently running a Java 8 full build with tests. Assuming
that works, I'll propose merging this to master and setting up a Java 11
build to run alongside the Java 8. That should enable folks to look at test
issues on master.

I'm hoping CXF and recent microprofile component updates will fix some of
the test issues.

Jon

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 3:05 PM Jonathan Gallimore <

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
418 is merged... looking at 424 now.

Jon

Re: Building with Java 11

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I've merged those 2 PRs in. Let's see what the actual diff is for my branch
now.

Jon

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 1:28 PM Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <

Re: Building with Java 11

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.
Hey JonG,

Re: Building with Java 11