Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by enrico <ec...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 03:54:32 UTC

Durable subscribers to VirtualTopic

Hi,

I'm working with VirtualDestinations on top of activemq using stomp
protocol. In my application I would like to use durable subscribers directly
subscribed to the VirtualTopic and consumer subscribed to the correspondent
queues as well. I set the attribute offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout and
offlineDurableSubscriberTaskSchedule as shown below. This configuration
works well for topic but it doesn't work with VirtualTopic.
This means that inactive durable topic subscriber is destroyed correctly. If
I start the subscriber again after the timeout, it will lose the messages
published during the inactivity period.
In the VirtualTopic case, the activemq console prints the destroy message
but when the subscriber is activated again, it will receive all the messages
published during the inactivity period. This means that resources were not
actually released.

This is the activemq.xml section:
    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="jarvis" useVirtualTopics="true"
dataDirectory="${activemq.data}" persistent="true"
offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout="10000"
offlineDurableSubscriberTaskSchedule="12000">

    <destinationInterceptors>
      <virtualDestinationInterceptor>
        <virtualDestinations>
          <virtualTopic name="VirtualTopic.>" prefix="Consumer.*."
selectorAware="false"/>
        </virtualDestinations>
      </virtualDestinationInterceptor>
    </destinationInterceptors>