Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Darin Wilcox <Da...@nurs.utah.edu> on 2002/02/21 17:28:48 UTC

CLOB Datatypes in Oracle

Hello,

I wanted to use a CLOB datatype in Oracle for my application.  In my app-schema.xml file I have been using:

<column name="COLUMN_NAME" required="false" type="CLOB"/>

Is there something I am missing here or does Turbine even support this kind of use?

Thanks,

- Darin

Darin Wilcox
Web Engineer
College of Nursing
University of Utah
585-7332

Re: CLOB Datatypes in Oracle

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Darin Wilcox" <Da...@nurs.utah.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to use a CLOB datatype in Oracle for my application.  In my app-schema.xml file I have been using:
>
> <column name="COLUMN_NAME" required="false" type="CLOB"/>
>
> Is there something I am missing here or does Turbine even support
> this kind of use?

You can look into support for CLOB by examining your
sql/base/oracle/db.props file and assuring the mapping from JDBC to
RDBMS native type is correct.