Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> on 1998/01/09 21:45:31 UTC

Re: Where to now

>Lazy Voting requires just as much extra work on the part of the patch
>writer.  And since Lazy Voting essentially means apathetic voting that
>work is wasted.

I agree with that -- my feeling was that lazy voting wasn't working
very well, other than to give the impression that people could stop
a commit before it happened.  I don't think it justified the cost.
The cost/benefit of forced voting is clear (people review the code
or nothing happens).  Unfortunately, nothing happens too often, and
for no good reason (unlike the early days, when lack of votes almost
always meant the patch sucked).

....Roy