Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Stephan Nagy <sn...@web-publicity.com> on 2000/02/18 19:48:52 UTC

Memory Consumption and finalize()

We have noticed that the overridden finalize() method creates quite a
few java.lang.ref.Finalize objects.  By commenting out this method we
have noticed a 40%-50% memory reduction.  From 9.8 meg to 4.1 meg, can
anyone think of any dangers associated with removing the overriden
finalize method?

-stephan

Re: Memory Consumption and finalize()

Posted by Stephan Nagy <sn...@web-publicity.com>.
My apologies, long day so far.  The only one in the Xerces-J source.
(org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl)

-stephan

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.