Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2008/11/14 18:14:28 UTC

checkin visualisations

Hey,

Check these out:

  http://vimeo.com/1223937

  http://vis.cs.ucdavis.edu/~ogawa/codeswarm/

I still have access to the old Google repository and perhaps Jan has
repositories from before that. If someone could be bothered to get the Java part
of this software working, visualising CouchDB's history over the last five years
would be tremendous.

Best,

Re: checkin visualisations

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Heh heh, that's totally awesome!

I love those massive bursts of activity. Kinda fun watching my autotools branch
hit trunk with a fireork of colour like that.

Re: checkin visualisations

Posted by Stefan Saasen <li...@coravy.com>.
Hi Noah,

I've updated the code swarm video.

It now contains:

Google Code
r1	30.08.2006
r813	27.03.2008

and

Apache SVN
r642418	29.03.2008
r714216	14.11.2008

There is a copy on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKNS5SsRpTg

And a temporary copy of the video (high quality ~ 15 MB):
http://static.coravy.com/couchdb/couchdb-codeswarm-upto-r714216.mov

It's kind of fun to watch :-)

Cheers,
Stefan

Am 15.11.2008 um 15:21 schrieb Noah Slater:

> Hey Stefan,
>
> This is fantastic, thank you so much!
>
> I have temporarily undeleted the Google Code account for you:
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/couchdb/
>
> Any chance of updating the video with this?
>
> Jan, do you have the repository from before this time?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 10:59:25AM +1300, Stefan Saasen wrote:
>> Hi Noah,
>>
>> I was playing with code_swarm a couple of days ago - it rocks (as
>> does
>> CouchDB but you guys are probably aware of that).
>>
>> Here is the CouchDB code_swarm video (Apache svn respos):
>>
>> * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-647rvmnujo
>>
>> If you flick me an email with access to the Google repository I'll
>> create another video with the history of the last 5 years.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Stefan
>>

>> Am 15.11.2008 um 06:14 schrieb Noah Slater:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Check these out:
>>>
>>> http://vimeo.com/1223937
>>>
>>> http://vis.cs.ucdavis.edu/~ogawa/codeswarm/
>>>
>>> I still have access to the old Google repository and perhaps Jan has
>>> repositories from before that. If someone could be bothered to get
>>> the
>>> Java part
>>> of this software working, visualising CouchDB's history over the
>>> last
>>> five years
>>> would be tremendous.
>>>
>>> Best,

Stefan Saasen                          	Wellington, New
Zealand
coravy. Ltd                            	https://coravy.com
iPhone Project Tools			http://github.com/juretta/iphone-project-tools

Re: checkin visualisations