Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ju...@atosodsorigin.com on 2002/09/10 10:01:47 UTC

Just one question. Does page works with DynaValidatorForm?

If anyone have an example, that should make me happy .

Thanks.

Re: Just one question. Does page works with DynaValidatorForm?

Posted by Ju...@atosodsorigin.com.
I've done this and know it works with DynaValidatorForm, just taking the page value
from the DynaForm and Setting it.

This is the only solution I have found.

public class MiDynaValidatorForm extends DynaValidatorForm {

    private static Log milog = LogFactory.getLog(MiDynaValidatorForm.class);

    public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
                                 HttpServletRequest request) {

        ServletContext application = getServlet().getServletContext();

        try{
      	  Integer dinaPage =(Integer)PropertyUtils.getSimpleProperty( this,"page");
              if(dinaPage!=null) setPage(dinaPage.intValue()); <---------------------------------------------------setPage
        }catch(Exception e){
          if(!(e instanceof java.lang.NoSuchMethodException))
            milog.error(e.getMessage(),e);
        }

    Validator validator = StrutsValidatorUtil.initValidator(mapping.getAttribute(),
                                                            this,
                                                            application, request,
                                                            errors, page);

    try {
       validatorResults = validator.validate();
        } catch (ValidatorException e) {
       milog.error(e.getMessage(), e);
    }

        return errors;
    }

}

Re: Just one question. Does page works with DynaValidatorForm?

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Have you:

* Looked at the struts-validator.war application?
* Read Chuck's book (he's got a whole chapter on the validator!) on
theserverside.com?  (search for struts book review)

Those are the first two places I would hit.

Regards,

Eddie