Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Coder One <co...@yahoo.com> on 2010/02/01 10:29:22 UTC

TransportFactory getConduit() / getDestination

Regarding getConduit() / getDestination in TransportFactory, does CXF cache the endpoint instances?

That is, will CXF call getConduit for each client call?  For getDestination, I figure it is done only once at server start?

Are the Conduit/Destination meant to be re-entrant?

"Latest" Javadocs seem quiet on the issue.

Thanks....

Re: TransportFactory getConduit() / getDestination

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mon February 1 2010 4:29:22 am Coder One wrote:
> Regarding getConduit() / getDestination in TransportFactory, does CXF cache
>  the endpoint instances?
> That is, will CXF call getConduit for each client call?

It depends on the ConduitSelector that the client uses.   By default, it will
only call once per client, not once per call.   However, a different
ConduitSelector can be used to configure different behavior if needed.

> For
>  getDestination, I figure it is done only once at server start?

Yep.

> Are the Conduit/Destination meant to be re-entrant?

Yep.   In general, just about everything in CXF should be re-entrant.   :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org