Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Huesser <pe...@psi.ch> on 2004/12/02 13:21:38 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_smbauth and window2003 domaincontroller

Hello everybody

I am using mod_smbauth on my apache (2.0.46) to authenticate users
against the windowsworld. The windowsteam migrated from a windows2000 to
a windows2003 domaincontroller. Since this migration authentication does
not work anymore. In the apache logfile I see the following error message:

    Could not connect to server: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Snooping the traffic between domaincontroller and apache servers shows
me that the server sends a "Tree Connect AndX Request" to the
domaincontroller and gets a "Tree Connect andX Response, Error:
STATUS_ACCES_DENIED" error back. Does anybody knows what to do to make
authentication work again ?

Thank's in advance for any help

    Pedro

Re: [users@httpd] mod_smbauth and window2003 domaincontroller

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
no, thats wrong. you only need a ldap-client sdk on the machine apache works
on. the ldap-server can be any other server, for example a win2000/2003
server AD.
Ralf

Posted by Peter Huesser <pe...@psi.ch>.
Thank's for your answer.

In the meantime I found out that smbauth1.5.1 (which requires
samba_3.0.0 or higher) should work. Unfortunately I did not manage to
compile it until now.

As far as I could see mod_auth_ldap is not an alternative. To compile
the module you have to give the directory of the ldapserver, which has
to be on the same server as the apacheserver.

Greetings

    Pedro

> not sure about smb, but it might use samba. perhaps you need to update
> this to work with 2003, but just a guess. you could also try
> mod_auth_ldap.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Huesser" <pe...@psi.ch>

Dr. Peter Hüsser
Abteilung Telematik