Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by susan atmaja <su...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/29 11:32:51 UTC

How to lock / disable saving of PDF file

Hi,

Can we stop the generated PDF file from being saved? If yes, how?
Can we lock the generated PDF file so that it can't be altered by any adobe
acrobat creator? If yes, how to do that?

Really need this information urgently. Thanks.

-Susan-

Re: How to lock / disable saving of PDF file

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
You can use PDF encryption to do that. Please read the documentation:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/pdfencryption.html

I recommend you use FOP 0.20.5rc3a.

(Please post questions about FOP on the fop-user mailing list next time so
other users can profit from questions and answers, too. Thank you!)

On 29.05.2003 11:32:51 susan atmaja wrote:
> Can we stop the generated PDF file from being saved? If yes, how?
> Can we lock the generated PDF file so that it can't be altered by any adobe
> acrobat creator? If yes, how to do that?
>
> Really need this information urgently. Thanks.

Jeremias Maerki