Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 21:35:27 UTC

Re: MyFaces Tomahawk

Rick,

Sorry.  I can't help you.   I've never used the JSF RI, nor do I use
server-side state saving.

You could either implement the special phase listener described in
TOMAHAWK-134 or you could try asking on the JSF RI list why
saveState/restoreState aren't called for server-side state saving.

I'm cc'ing your message to the "MyFaces User mailing list"
<us...@myfaces.apache.org> as you're far more likely to get help there
than emailing me directly.

Re: MyFaces Tomahawk

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
In server-side state saving?  The 1.1 RI doesn't support simultaneous
requests from the same user from two windows;  it only works for client-
side state saving.  The JSF 1.1 algorithm for server-side state saving -
just storing the UIViewRoot - necessarily implies that saveState() will
not be called, and that's not a bug.

As of JSF 1.2, both server-side and client-side state saving will
end up invoking saveState(), because the algorithm for server-side
state saving is entirely different in 1.2.  I forget how much of this
is specified vs. implementation-specific.

-- Adam

Re: MyFaces Tomahawk

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: MyFaces Tomahawk