Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/25 11:15:55 UTC

[TRINIDAD] Portlets and Trinidad

Hi *,

I have skimmed through the online documentation for Trinidad, but
haven't found anything useful about portlet compatibility. Is there
anyone in the Trinidad team who knows more about using portlets with
Trinidad, and can provide a link to more information?

Especially I would be interested in:

- file-upload - how's that handled in portlets?
- including the script/style-elements in the header of the page
(obviously, tr:document won't help in a portlet environment, right?)
- serving out resources with the resources servlet/filter (it's clear
that neither one will work in a portlet environment)

I've heard about some jsf-portlet-bridge helping out here, but that's RI, right?

regards,

Martin

Re: [TRINIDAD] Portlets and Trinidad

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,

Our two portlets experts for Trinidad are Jeanne Waldman and Scott O'Brian.

Personally I did not work with portlets and the features you're mentioning
so I cannot really answer them except maybe the "including the
script/style-elements in the header of the page" part. I think I saw a patch
about that, allowing the portal to include a special parameter in the
portlet request that tell it to not compress its skin selectors. As a
result, the portal can be in charge of defining the look of its portlets,
which is prety cool imho. I don't know about the script however, but I think
you have to inline them in the body... even if this is against HTML
4.01Strict I think.

Regards,

~ Simon

Re: [TRINIDAD] Portlets and Trinidad

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
@Scott: If there is any link to some documentation somewhere - could
you possibly send this link over to me? I'd take care of interlinking
this documentation better with the Trinidad website then.

regards,

Martin

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeanne,