Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Si...@itsindia.com on 2001/08/08 11:19:20 UTC

Creating EJB Deployment Descriptors

We have three ejb-jar.xml files for each EJB, one each for
development/staging/production environment. Right now we are maintaining
them as ejb-jar.xml.dev, ejb-jar.xml.stage, ejb-jar.xml.prod files. Ant
picks up the respective files depending on the environment for which the
build is made.

Now I am looking for a more elegant solution. The proposed way is as
follows. I have a ejb-jar.xml.template file and a properties file which
will contain all the values for all the environments. Reading the
respective property values, I am planning to insert them in the
ejb-jar.xml.template file using 'Replace' task of Ant.

Is this is standard way of doing this kind of stuff? Or is there any other
simple, elegant way of doing the same?

Thanks,
Siva