Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2014/03/18 21:09:46 UTC

[Tomcat Wiki] Update of "tools/check_jmxproxy.pl" by ChristopherSchultz

Dear Wiki user,

The "tools/check_jmxproxy.pl" page has been changed by ChristopherSchultz:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/tools/check_jmxproxy.pl?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

Comment:
Added thanks to Susan Burgee and fixed example in help-text.

  # Christopher Schultz licenses this file to You under the Apache License,
  # Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in
  # compliance with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
- #
+ #
  #       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- #
+ #
  #  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
  #  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
  #  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
  #  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
  #  limitations under the License.
  #
+ # Special thanks to Susan Burgee for her help with Perl.
+ #

  use strict;

@@ -30, +32 @@

  use Getopt::Long qw(:config no_ignore_case bundling);;

  # For HTTP stuff:
- use LWP::UserAgent;
+ use LWP::UserAgent;
- use HTTP::Request;
+ use HTTP::Request;
- use HTTP::Response;
+ use HTTP::Response;
  use URI::Heuristic;

  my $help     = '';
@@ -121, +123 @@

      the warning value in order to perform a less-than comparison.

  Example:
-    ${0} -u 'http://host/manager/jmxproxy?get=java.lang:type=Memory&att=HeapMemoryUsage&key=used' -w 33554432 -c 50331648
+    ${0} -U 'http://host/manager/jmxproxy?get=java.lang:type=Memory&att=HeapMemoryUsage&key=used' -w 33554432 -c 50331648

    This example will report CRITICAL if the current JVM heap size exceeds
    48MiB or WARN if the heap size exceeds 32MiB.
@@ -136, +138 @@

  }

  my $full_url = URI::Heuristic::uf_urlstr($url);
- my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new();
+ my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new();
  $ua->agent($useragent);
- my $req = HTTP::Request->new(GET => $url);
+ my $req = HTTP::Request->new(GET => $url);

  # Set the authentication information if necessary
  if (!($authorization eq '')) {