Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Jazz Yao-Tsung Wang <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 16:52:36 UTC

Unattended Single Node BigTop 0.6.0 installer CD (based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS)

Dear all,

Just would like to share my experimental project.
I create a bigtop 0.6.0 ubuntu single node installer CD
ISO file could be download from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/drbl-hadoop/files/0.6.0/bigtop-0.6.0.iso/download

Source code could be found at
https://github.com/jazzwang/haduzilla
It's mainly related to
https://github.com/jazzwang/haduzilla/blob/master/preseed/bigtop.seed
and
https://github.com/jazzwang/haduzilla/blob/master/preseed/bigtop-init

If you could get IP via DHCP, just boot from CD ROM.
It will install sun-java-jdk6 and bigtop 0.6.0 hadoop related packages for
you automatically.

Without DHCP, you have to setup network access after booting.

The default user name is "user", password is "hadoop.TW".

Note: only support 64 bit.

Regards,
Jazz Yao-Tsung Wang
Co-Founder of Hadoop.TW ( Hadoop Taiwan User Group )
http://www.hadoop.tw
http://forum.hadoop.tw
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hadoop.tw/