Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Eric Beaurivage <er...@nurun.com> on 2007/04/27 19:17:59 UTC

'From' containing comma + french accent is getting stripped

Dear SpamAssassin Users,

I'm using the above versions under Windows 2000 Server and as soon as someone is sending us an e-mail with a name containing a comma + a french accent in the 'From' field, the name and e-mail address are getting stripped.  Examples:

From: Bournival, Jean-Sébastien

Header =

From: <Bournival>,
	=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien?= <JS...@x.com>
To: <er...@y.com>

=

From: Bournival

*

From: Beaurivage, Éric

Header =

From: <Beaurivage>,
	=?iso-8859-1?B?yXJpYw==?= <er...@x.com>
To: "Eric Beaurivage" <er...@y.com>

=

From: Beaurivage

*

This is happening as soon as there is a combination of a comma + a french accent because if the message would be sent by 'Éric Beaurivage' or 'Beaurivage, Eric' it won't get stripped out.

Please, let me know if you have any ideas.  I also tried disabling all the plugins and it hasn't fixed our problem.  Thanks in advance!

-é

Re: 'From' containing comma + french accent is getting stripped

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> Eric Beaurivage wrote:
>> Dear SpamAssassin Users,

>> SpamAssassin Sink (www.christopherlewis.com) 1.2.76
>>
>> I'm using the above versions under Windows 2000 Server and as soon as
>> someone is sending us an e-mail with a name containing a comma + a
>> french accent in the 'From' field, the name and e-mail address are
>> getting stripped.  Examples:
>
>> This is happening as soon as there is a combination of a comma + a
>> french accent because if the message would be sent by 'Éric
>> Beaurivage' or 'Beaurivage, Eric' it won't get stripped out.
>>
>> Please, let me know if you have any ideas.  I also tried disabling all
>> the plugins and it hasn't fixed our problem.  Thanks in advance!
>
> Since SA doesn't re-write the From: field I'd look into a problem with
> the exchange sink.
>
> Daryl

...unless you're using report_safe, then I could see that maybe there's
a problem with SA.  In any case, try running a message that should be
affected by the SA+exchange sink combo through just spamassassin to see
if the problem occurs.

Daryl

Re: 'From' containing comma + french accent is getting stripped

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.