Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Wolf-Dieter Grabner <gr...@artgraphic.at> on 2002/08/12 16:42:43 UTC

FOP-0.20.3

Hello!

I'm currently trying to produce some PDFs with fop-0.20.3. Everything -
SVG's, too - works fine when using fop as a standalone application. When
accessing the same file within Cocoon 2.0.3 / Tomcat 4.0.4, the PDF
output stops at the point where the first SVG occurs. Pretty uncool ;-)

TIA / best regards,

	Wolf-Dieter Grabner

Tomcat 4.0.4
Cocoon 2.0.3
Java2 1.4.1_01
Fop 0.20.3
Windows XP Pro

Re: AW: AW: FOP-0.20.3

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Wolf-Dieter Grabner wrote:
> The other way round - how can I 'downgrade' Cocoon to an older
> batik version (and/or use fop-020.4 instead of -0.20.3).

This should be as easy as replacing the Batik jar distributed
with Cocoon with the jar distributed with FOP. Well, it
worked for me in various environments. You might experience
trouble with the JPG and other SVG-to-graphics serializers
though.

J.Pietschmann

AW: AW: FOP-0.20.3

Posted by Wolf-Dieter Grabner <wo...@artgraphic.at>.
> Is it possible (without in-depth knowledge) to rebuild FOP with the
> current batik version
>I don't think you'll like it.
;-)

The other way round - how can I 'downgrade' Cocoon to an older
batik version (and/or use fop-020.4 instead of -0.20.3).

rgrds,
	wd

Re: AW: FOP-0.20.3

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Wolf-Dieter Grabner wrote:
>>This could be an issue with Batik versions. IIRC Cocoon
>>is distributed with some 1.5 version of Batik, while
>>FOP 0.20.3 needs an 1.1 compatible version.
>
> What about FOP-0.20.4 or later (CVS) versions?

0.20.4 uses 1.5b2, which is still incompatible with
1.5b3 (or vice-versa, experiment).

Current CVS is a bit difficult to judge, FOP HEAD does
not work (redesign in progress) but will use the latest
Batik (CVS too). The maintenance branch (upcoming 0.20.5)
still uses the same as 0.20.4 I think.

> Is it possible (without in-depth knowledge) to rebuild FOP with the
> current batik version
I don't think you'll like it.

J.Pietschmann

AW: FOP-0.20.3

Posted by Wolf-Dieter Grabner <wo...@artgraphic.at>.
>This could be an issue with Batik versions. IIRC Cocoon
>is distributed with some 1.5 version of Batik, while
>FOP 0.20.3 needs an 1.1 compatible version.
What about FOP-0.20.4 or later (CVS) versions?

>You should get a ClassNotFound or MethodNotFound exceptionin this
I think you're right, Tomcat's logfile shows several

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/batik/dom/svg/DefaultSVGContext

Is it possible (without in-depth knowledge) to rebuild FOP with the
current batik version and then integrate it into Cocoon? I had no
problem
configuring/compiling FOP, nevertheless I do not really know how to put
this 'puzzle' together.

Kind regards,
	Wolf-Dieter

AW: FOP-0.20.3

Posted by Wolf-Dieter Grabner <wo...@artgraphic.at>.
>This could be an issue with Batik versions. IIRC Cocoon
>is distributed with some 1.5 version of Batik, while
>FOP 0.20.3 needs an 1.1 compatible version.
What about FOP-0.20.4 or later (CVS) versions?

>You should get a ClassNotFound or MethodNotFound exceptionin this
I think you're right, Tomcat's logfile shows several

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/batik/dom/svg/DefaultSVGContext

Is it possible (without in-depth knowledge) to rebuild FOP with the
current batik version and then integrate it into Cocoon? I had no
problem
configuring/compiling FOP, nevertheless I do not really know how to put
this 'puzzle' together.

Kind regards,
	Wolf-Dieter
____________
Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 11.0.330 from 07.08.2002
Virus news: www.antiviruslab.com

Re: FOP-0.20.3

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Wolf-Dieter Grabner wrote:
> I'm currently trying to produce some PDFs with fop-0.20.3. Everything -
> SVG's, too - works fine when using fop as a standalone application. When
> accessing the same file within Cocoon 2.0.3 / Tomcat 4.0.4, the PDF
> output stops at the point where the first SVG occurs. Pretty uncool ;-)

This could be an issue with Batik versions. IIRC Cocoon
is distributed with some 1.5 version of Batik, while
FOP 0.20.3 needs an 1.1 compatible version. You should
get a ClassNotFound or MethodNotFound exceptionin this
case, check the Cocoon logs and perhaps catalina.out.

J.Pietschmann