Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Atul Saroha <at...@snapdeal.com> on 2016/09/29 08:39:43 UTC

[cassandra 3.6.] Nodetool Repair + tombstone behaviour

Hi,

We have seen a weird behaviour in cassandra 3.6.
Once our node was went down more than 10 hrs. After that, we had ran
Nodetool repair multiple times. But tombstone are not getting sync properly
over the cluster. On day- today basis, on expiry of every grace period,
deleted records start surfacing again in cassandra.

It seems Nodetool repair in not syncing tomebstone across cluster.
FYI, we have 3 data centres now.

Just want the help how to verify and debug this issue. Help will be
appreciated.

Atul Saroha

*Lead Software Engineer | CAMS*

M: +91 8447784271
Plot #362, ASF Center - Tower A, 1st Floor, Sec-18,
Udyog Vihar Phase IV,Gurgaon, Haryana, India

Re: [cassandra 3.6.] Nodetool Repair + tombstone behaviour

Posted by Alexander Dejanovski <al...@thelastpickle.com>.
Atul,

our fork has been tested on 2.1 and 3.0.x clusters.
I've just tested with a CCM 3.6 cluster and it worked with no issue.

With Reaper, if you set incremental to false, it'll perform a full subrange
repair with no anticompaction.
You'll see this message in the logs : INFO  [AntiEntropyStage:1] 2016-09-29
16:11:34,950 ActiveRepairService.java:378 - Not a global repair, will not
do anticompaction

If you set incremental to true, it'll perform an incremental repair, one
node at a time, with anticompaction (set Parallelism to Parallel
exclusively with inc repair).

Let me know how it goes.

-----------------

Posted by Atul Saroha <at...@snapdeal.com>.