Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Palle Girgensohn <gi...@partitur.se> on 2000/10/30 01:39:44 UTC

path_info fails unless servlets are acessed via /servlet

Hi!

I have a problem:

(I'm using the distributed examples webapp to prove my point)

A servlet url mapping of /snoop/* should be sufficient to redirect all requests to the snoop servlet, even if there is a pathinfo suffix, like /examples/snoop/Foobar. This will not work with tomcat
32b6 (or earlier). The only way to get servlets to work with path info is to access them via /examples/servlet/snoop/Foobar. This is against the spec and a pain in my ass ;-)

On top of that, the string "/servlet/" is not configurable, but hardcoded into org.apache.tomcat.request.InvokerInterceptor.java. How come? :(

Here's what I get when accessing /examples/snoop/Foobar

Not Found (404)

Original request: /examples/snoop/Foobar

Not found request: /examples/snoop/Foobar

/examples/servlet/snoop/Foobar works.

Where in the code shall I look to fix this?

tomcat-32b6, apache configured using either mod_jserv or mod_jk, apj12 or apj13, same result. Java1.2.2b10 on FreeBSD-4.1.1-stable.

regards,
Palle

--
         Partitur Informationsteknik AB
Wenner-Gren Center             +46 8 566 280 02