Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/09 16:06:20 UTC

Simplified Examples

Martin,

Matthias seemed to interpret your answer as favoring two sets of
examples.  One for simple examples and one basically the way it is
now.  I had a slightly different take on your answer.  I thought you
were agreeing with Sylvain that we should have one set of test
examples and one set of simple examples.

Are we both correct?  Did you mean that the current examples would be
the test examples?  I don't personally think this is a good idea.
Basically we will just be maintaining a second set of every example.

I think the test examples do not have to be inside the menu, etc.
Obviously you want a *single* test example (and simple example) that
uses the menu.  But keeping every example inside the menu framework is
what I object to.  Its harder to understand and maintain.

I have a few more simple examples to contribute but I am waiting for
this to be resolved.  Also I noticed Sylvain just updated his
HtmlEditor example.  Since I've already done all the work to simplify
the examples we should decide if we are going to use them before more
changes are made.

sean

Re: Simplified Examples

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, what I meant was:

- keep the existing example application and move out most of the pages
to the new simple example app.

- so what we then have would be: the current example app minus all
component pages for the demonstration of menu structure, navigation,
validation, etc..

- and a simple web app for demonstrating each component.

regards,

Martin