Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/12 08:44:29 UTC

Outstanding issues for timezone handling should be done after cleaning up needed API calls for flash ui

Hi,

Regarding the outstanding issues related to the timezone re-factoring (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-745) I would suggest to
do first the cleanup of removing all OpenLaszlo
/Flash UI that is no more maintained all all connected server side API
calls.

By doing that probably 50% of what needs currently refactoring for new
timezone handling does just no more exist.

The way I did the re-factoring was in 3 steps:
1) exclude the lxz file from the compilation by removing the file or folder
from the library.lzx and run the ant task to compile the client. The
compilation should work fine without error traces and the application
(conference room itself) should still work fine.

2) go through all excludes lzx files and look for netremotecall, copy the
function name and go to the related java service class. Make a search on
the entire work space on all files, if no other lzx class is referencing
this remote call its safe to delete the class. In case the server side rpc
method is removed check if the rpc call references other methods that are
consequently not needed too. And if an entire java service class is no more
needed it must be deleted also from the applicationContext.xml file.

3) run the ant target web.only and test if red5 still boots up correctly no
exceptions and some basic regression testing after you deleted bigger
chunks.

... and then start with the next file/folder (#and with no 1). If you
exclude too many lxz files in one chunk it is likely suddenly nothing works
anymore and you won't know why :-)  so smaller chunks might seem not
productive but might be a lot faster.

Also when excluding the dashboard and central parts some changes will be
required, for instance so that when a user currently presses exit in a
conference room he is currently landing in the swf app. This should no more
happen as there will be no ui more in flash except the conference room
itself.

It sounds like a lot work but it needs only around 5 to 10 minutes per lzx
file.
Probably I know most about this part of the application but I most likely
won't be able to continue this before next week.
If everybody is fine with that just hang on, otherwise, those are the
instructions.

After that most of those "jName" constructs should be gone and  the rest of
the timezone related changes will be a lot easier.

Sebastian

Re: Outstanding issues for timezone handling should be done after cleaning up needed API calls for flash ui

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I seems to finish lzx files cleanup

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Outstanding issues for timezone handling should be done after cleaning up needed API calls for flash ui

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks :)

--
WBR