Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2002/05/16 09:29:19 UTC

RE: cvs commit:jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2Makefile

>"GOMEZ Henri" <hg...@slib.fr> wrote:
>
>>> Is it possible to generate build.properties from
>>> build.properties.sample
>>> ( instead of .in ) ? Not a big deal, but it would be nice.
>>
>> don't known (Pier/JF ?)
>
>Not with the AC_OUTPUT macro, but if you know what variables
>are in there
>you can simply rewrite your own set of seds...

Urg sed ?]

>> PS: There is a problem, with buildconf.sh, which didn't
>>   copy install.sh in scripts/build/unix

the latest buildconf didn't copy install.sh or install-sh.
Fixed by doing automake --copy --add-missing :
You could use this to avoid having install(s) in cvs

#!/bin/sh

echo "libtoolize --force --automake"
libtoolize --force --automake
#echo "automake --copy --add-missing"
automake --copy --add-missing
echo "aclocal"
#aclocal --acdir=`aclocal --print-ac-dir`
#aclocal --acdir=/usr/local/share/aclocal
aclocal
echo "autoconf"
autoconf

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/server/apache2Makefile

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >> don't known (Pier/JF ?)
> >
> >Not with the AC_OUTPUT macro, but if you know what variables
> >are in there
> >you can simply rewrite your own set of seds...
>
> Urg sed ?]

The best is use build.properties:build.properties.sample
Like:
+++

Makedefs

Makefile

lib/Makefile

${MODULE}/Makefile

build.properties:build.properties.sample

])
+++
(That something I have forgotten to commit in mod_webapp).

The problem is that the build.properties.sample will not be usable
directly because you will have things like:
+++
catalina.home=@TC4_DIR@
+++
So the cp build.properties.sample build.properties; ant dist will
break!!!