Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/25 20:46:05 UTC

JMX MBean changes to make it easier to manage Queues

As part of fixing AMQ-896 and AMQ-837 I tidied up the Queue /
QueueView / QueueViewMBean code a little to make it easier to work
with queues via Java / JMX.

I've added support for removing, moving and copying messages by
selectors, with an optional maximum number of messages so that you can
do things in smaller batches if need be. There are some test cases in
the MBeanTest if you want to see them in action - or surf the
QueueViewMBean javadoc when it gets regenerated to see the new methods
available.

It'd be nice to use these new methods in the activemq-web-console to
allow easier moving, copying, removal etc.

e.g. to remove messages we could move them to a 'trash bin' queue.

If you can't wait for the new javadoc you could surf the new methods
on the MBean
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/jmx/QueueViewMBean.java?revision=436899&view=markup
--

James