Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jesse Williamson <jw...@musiciansfriend.com> on 2002/12/11 19:37:43 UTC

[mp1.0] DESTROY doesn't honor read-only flag (possible bug).

Hello,

We began to encounter some odd segfaults, and after poking through
mod_perl believed that we have found the problem. The DESTROY() function
in Table.xs is not honoring the read only flag in "self", which would seem
to be a bug.

For reasons we are still trying to discover (;>), it's being called and
asked to delete some sort of shared, read-only object (probably belonging
to Apache?). We only saw this happen intermittently, and under very high
load.

The attached patch was written by Erik Arneson (erik@musiciansfriend.com).

So, is this an actual bug or is it more likely that we're in some way
horribly abusing mod_perl (or is it both ;>)?

Thank you all very much,

_Jesse Williamson ;-};