Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Gautam Arora <ga...@gatech.edu> on 2008/06/05 15:31:51 UTC

Building WAR using STP-All-In-One plugin

Hi,
I am following the instructions at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/cxfeclipseplugininstructions.html
 and using:

Eclipse 3.3.1.1
STP Plugin version: stp-all-in-one-incubation-0.7.0.200711162004.zip

Everything in terms of development works fine and I can also test the
client/server succesfully. But when trying to build the package in section:
Deploying Project > Building Package
My WAR file gets generated in the folder
Deployment/wsdl/<ProjectName>.wsdl/WarPackageConstructor/<ProjectName>.war
There is no build folder created in my case and the war file contains just
the wsdl, cxf-servlet.xml and web.xml
There are no class files in the WAR and I get errors when deploying to
Tomcat.

Does anyone have tips on how the WAR can be built correctly?

Thanks,
Gautam

Re: Building WAR using STP-All-In-One plugin

Posted by Gautam Arora <ga...@gatech.edu>.
Fixed.

Eclipse IDE - Windows > Preferences > Java > Build Path
Source folder name: src
Output folder name: classes

WAR contains classes as well. Deployed and tested on Tomcat.
http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/services/HelloWorld?wsdl

Thanks,
Gautam Arora

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
Info here:  http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/date/20080417, but this
creates the web service using Maven or Ant, not STP.

HTH,
Glen