Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/12 18:21:06 UTC

Please copy the January board report in the wiki !

Hi guys,

the report _have_ to be copied into the WIKI, not the link to SVN !!!

Noel has many reports to read, if he has to follow every SVN links, he will spend the full day doing so !

I have done the copy, please remind to do the same next time.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Please copy the January board report in the wiki !

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Jan 12, 2009, at 11:51 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> the report _have_ to be copied into the WIKI, not the link to SVN !!!
>>
>> Noel has many reports to read, if he has to follow every SVN links,
>> he will spend the full day doing so !
>>
>> I have done the copy, please remind to do the same next time.
>
> Is it just me

It's just you. ;-)

> or does it seem like keeping the reports in SVN then copying them to
> the wiki is overkill?  I'm not sure what problem keeping them in SVN
> solves when there is always a discussion about the report on the dev
> list.

With the reports in svn I can trivially call up all of the reports
without even being connected to the internet.

Count keystrokes.

Craig

> Regards,
> Alan

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Please copy the January board report in the wiki !

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> the report _have_ to be copied into the WIKI, not the link to SVN !!!
>>
>> Noel has many reports to read, if he has to follow every SVN links,
>> he will spend the full day doing so !
>>
>> I have done the copy, please remind to do the same next time.
>
> Is it just me or does it seem like keeping the reports in SVN then
> copying them to the wiki is overkill?  I'm not sure what problem
> keeping them in SVN solves when there is always a discussion about the
> report on the dev list.
It doesn't matter too much where the report is temporarily stored - or
not stored - as soon as it can be reviewed and put into the wiki. Purely
a matter of convenience, I think.

For Directory, we just post to PMC, and discuss it through the ML. The
very same for MINA. Then we push it to the board_agenda file (just to be
informative, for those who are interested to know how it works).

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Les Hazlewood wrote:
> I copied it over as well - I enabled some links in the report so he
> could visit the STATUS page and other links directly if he wanted to.

Just fine !

Thanks Les !

(Hopefully, we didn't entered into the 'unacceptable' category ;)

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.