Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com> on 2006/06/22 11:54:24 UTC

Is it possible to set a timeout for an already open connection?

Hi all,

Is there any way to set a timeout for a request that has been already
stablished?

Currently, I can perform a DoS attack to my tomcat server just by
starting enough requests, sending a few bytes in each one, and letting
the connections open during a large time.

I was wondering if there is any way to prevent such an attack.

Regards,
Rodrigo Ruiz

GRIDSYSTEMS                    Rodrigo Ruiz Aguayo
Parc Bit - Son Espanyol
07120 Palma de Mallorca        mailto:rruiz@gridsystems.com
Baleares - EspaƱa              Tel:+34-971435085 Fax:+34-971435082
http://www.gridsystems.com