Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jeremy Nix <Je...@sfsltd.com> on 2003/11/05 17:01:59 UTC

Including empty directories in a WAR task

I'm having troubles figuring out how to include empty directories in the
WAR task (and others for that matter).  I liked the functionality that
DirSet provides, but this task is not supported as a subtask to WAR, so
I'm guessing that I'm left with FileSet, and I have been unable to
figure out how to include empty directories with FileSet.

I've asked this question in the users list, and nobody has a clue, so I
thought somewhere here might know.  Any workaround would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Including empty directories in a WAR task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Jeremy Nix <Je...@sfsltd.com> wrote:

> I'm having troubles figuring out how to include empty directories in
> the WAR task (and others for that matter).

There have been problems with this in prior versions, so make sure you
are at least using Ant 1.5.3 before going any further.

Then you obviously must not set the filesonly attribute to true.

And then you include pattern must match the directory you want to
include.

If this is the case, please show us a snippet of how you try to
archive the directories and indicate where Ant is supposed to find the
empty directory.

Stefan