Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Meth <me...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/08 22:22:19 UTC

[users@httpd] Having problems with Reverse Proxy

The guidance tells me to start with my AIM first so here we go.

I want to run 3 or more servers on port 80. Has to be port 80 as my
remote location only allows traffic over port 80. All 3 work fine
individually but not together so I need to proxy.

Apache uses port 80, Sabnzbd uses 9000 and a hardcoded /sabnzbd/
address and uTorrent uses 6881 and a hardcoded /gui/ address

I want to get

homepage.com = to Apache, index.htm
homepage.com/nzb = to pass through to localhost:9000/sabnzbd/
homepage.com/bt = to pass through to localhost:6881/gui/

Taking a standard virgin Apache 2.2 install I have added:
to /bin these files:libxml2.dll, iconv.exe, iconv.dll and zlib1.dll
to /modules mod_proxy_html.so
to /conf proxy_html.conf (nothing touched in this file)

to the httpd.conf file

LoadFile bin/zlib1.dll
LoadFile bin/iconv.dll
LoadFile bin/libxml2.dll
LoadModule proxy_html_module modules/mod_proxy_html.so
LoadModule headers_module    modules/mod_headers.so

ProxyRequests off
ProxyPass /nzb/ http://localhost:9000/sabnzbd/
ProxyPass /bt/ http://localhost:6881/gui/
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:9000/sabnzbd /nzb
ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:6881/gui /bt

<Location /nzb/>
       ProxyPassReverse /
       SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
       ProxyHTMLURLMap  /      /nzb/
       ProxyHTMLURLMap  /nzb  /nzb
       RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
</Location>

<Location /bt/>
       ProxyPassReverse /
       SetOutputFilter proxy-html
       ProxyHTMLURLMap /       /bt/
       ProxyHTMLURLMap /bt   /bt
       RequestHeader   unset   Accept-Encoding
</Location>

The BT redirect works but not properly - I get a distorted page where
I can tell its the interface but the page formatting is all screwed -
http://homepage.com/bt/ gets me this but http://homepage.com/bt gets
me a file not found

The NZB redirect again doesnt work properly. I get the login page ok
but once I login it fails with a 404 - "The requested URL /sabnzbd/
was not found on this server."

It is probably something dumb like misplaced "/" but I'm not an Apache
expert. I definitely in the noob category so any help is MUCH
appreciated

Thanks
Meth