Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> on 2003/12/06 01:59:29 UTC

Document Content Format

I'm about to get started with Cocoon in ernest, I'll be using it
for my web site. I'm trying to figure out what sort of XML document
to write. Currently I'm writing out a simple format that models blog
entrys. The side bar links and header are hard coded into my single
XSLT transform. My side is only a single page right now.

I am aware of DocBook, but it looks horribly complex, and it doesn't
express web navigation.

What do you all recommend? Is there a common schema for blogging? Is
there a schema for free-formed content? Is there a schema for
specifying a web page layout? Do people just roll their own?

I'd love to be able to separate my blog, from my software
documentation, from my navigation.

Thank you for your insight.

--
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu - javi@ajgdg.com - http://www.ajgdg.com/

Re: Document Content Format

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu wrote:
> What do you all recommend? Is there a common schema for blogging?

RSS.

	Ugo

Re: Document Content Format

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu wrote:

> I'm about to get started with Cocoon in ernest, I'll be using it
> for my web site. I'm trying to figure out what sort of XML document
> to write. Currently I'm writing out a simple format that models blog
> entrys. The side bar links and header are hard coded into my single
> XSLT transform. My side is only a single page right now.
>
> I am aware of DocBook, but it looks horribly complex, and it doesn't
> express web navigation.
>
> What do you all recommend? Is there a common schema for blogging? Is
> there a schema for free-formed content? Is there a schema for
> specifying a web page layout? Do people just roll their own?
>
> I'd love to be able to separate my blog, from my software
> documentation, from my navigation.
>
> Thank you for your insight.

Cocoon uses a format called, appropriately enough, "Document".  1.2 is
the latest, I think.  Scope out the src/documentation/xdocs directory
for examples.  That should get you started down the right path.

Regards,
Tony