Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Abhinav (Cognizant)" <Ab...@cal.cognizant.com> on 2003/05/29 11:11:10 UTC

indexed properties.

Will someone please tell me how to override indexed naming (like name[0], name[1], name[2])
in my form when my form bean has
attribute
String [] name
and methods
getName(int index), setName(int index, String nm).

thanx, coz its really urgent.
I need this b'coz i cant validate field named name[0] in javascript

RE: indexed properties.

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
The fields name is "name[0]" right?

So in javascript you cant use something like document.forms[0].name[0] so
you will need to use the alternative javascript notation to get at your
field:

document.forms[0].elements['name[0]']

If you need to change the way indexed fields are done in struts however, Im
afraid I dont have the answer. :-(