Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by spaway <su...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/05 08:32:59 UTC

t5 and fckeditor component

Dear all,

I am trying to test out the use of FCKEditor with tapestry 5 (
http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-fckeditor/) - the best guide I've seen is
do download tapestry5-fckeditor-1.0.2.jar into the lib folder and then use
the fckeditor component in template pages like below.

<t:fckeditor.editor t:id="biography"
t:value="celebrity.biography"/>

I have done this but getting a classnotfoundexception
'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tapestry/ioc/MappedConfiguration'

could anybody help me confirm if there is a way I can use Maven to manage
this dependency.  Any guide to sort above will also be appreciated.

cheers

SPA

Re: t5 and fckeditor component

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Em Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:15:44 -0300, Roy Douglas
> <on...@yahoo.com.hk> escreveu:
> You'll need to put chenillekit-core in the classpath, maybe also
> chenillekit-google and chenillekit-image. That's exatcly what makes Maven
> shine the most: you don't need to worry about your dependencies'
> dependencies.

IMHO, this is a complete misnomer. Whatever tool you use, the
dependencies are yours to manage and you need to know what
dependencies your application uses and what you want it to use. Maven
simply makes it easier to manage these dependencies - i.e. it would
download the missing commons-configuration library (the packagename
org/apache/commons/configuration of the missing class gives you a
pretty good indication of what the problem is) for you. If you are not
using Maven, you need to download it and add it to the classpath
yourself.

Kalle

Re: t5 and fckeditor component

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:36:44 -0300, Roy Douglas
<on...@yahoo.com.hk> escreveu:

> Thanks Thiago,  sorry if it sounds stupid, I follow the description from
>
> http://tapestry.formos.com/wiki/display/T5IDEINT/Eclipse+%28including+Maven%29
> to set up my environment, I really don't know how to put chenillekit in
> to my maven project, is there any tutorial I can reference from ?

Just use the m2eclipse Eclipse plugin (http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/) and
the use its pom.xml editor to add a dependency.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: t5 and fckeditor component

Posted by Roy Douglas <on...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Thanks Thiago,  sorry if it sounds stupid, I follow the description from

http://tapestry.formos.com/wiki/display/T5IDEINT/Eclipse+%28including+Maven%29
to set up my environment, I really don't know how to put chenillekit in
to my maven project,
is there any tutorial I can reference from ?

Roy

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roy Douglas <on...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi, I use tapestry 5.1.05, I downloaded chenillekit-core-1.1.0.jar and
chenillekit-tapestry-1.1.0.jar and put it
WEB-INF/lib, and I got ava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/configuration/Configuration error.

I'm new to tapestry, is there any place I can have document on how to use
chenillekit?
or what else should I do to make it works for me?

Thanks
Roy.

Posted by spaway <su...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Kalle