Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Yip <yi...@ICG.com> on 2005/05/17 02:00:33 UTC

Serving large number of product images

I apologize if this question has been asked too many times.   I did a
quick search and haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer.

Currently, I face a practical issue of serving the images when the image
files are packaged into the war file.
Adding images require me to repackage the war file and upload to the
JBoss server.

Is there a way to specify a directory outside of JBoss server directory
(but on the same physical machine) so I can have a permanent home for my
product images?

For instance, I would like to store all the product images under
c:\products\  directory.
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Re: Serving large number of product images

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On May 16, 2005, at 8:00 PM, Patrick Yip wrote:

> I apologize if this question has been asked too many times.   I did a
> quick search and haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer.
>
> Currently, I face a practical issue of serving the images when the
> image
> files are packaged into the war file.
> Adding images require me to repackage the war file and upload to the
> JBoss server.
>
> Is there a way to specify a directory outside of JBoss server
> directory
> (but on the same physical machine) so I can have a permanent home
> for my
> product images?
>
> For instance, I would like to store all the product images under
> c:\products\  directory.
> Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

You will need c:\products be web accessible for this to work, check
out the externalizer capability built into Tapestry asset handling:

     http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/api/org/apache/tapestry/
asset/AssetExternalizer.html

Erik